Teen always worries about their appearance. One of the most unnoticed part is the armpit. It is one area of the body that sometimes teens don’t really see it matter. Even though it’s rarely seen. That doesn’t mean that you don’t do any treatment for your armpits. Maintaining the beauty of the armpits is essential so that the skin remains smooth and does not darken.
The wrong treatment can make the armpits become rough and look dull. As a result, you don’t feel confident when you wear a sleeveless outfit! Here are some tips to keep your underarm skin smooth and not dull that you need to pay attention to!
Easy tips for teens armpit care
Armpit care can be about how you choose the clothes and how you care your armpit. It is recommended to choose any clothes that can absorb sweat very well so it can reduce the smell and improve the health of armpit’s skin. You can also use natural remedies for the armpit care like cucumber, potato or buy some products that help to whitening your skin.
Regular habit for armpit care
1. Choose a deodorant with the right ingredients
To prevent underarm odor, we usually use deodorant. But keep in mind, some ingredients in deodorants such as perfume, parabens, and alcohol can trigger dark underarms. Therefore, choose a deodorant with the right ingredients and suitable for sensitive skin. Change your deodorant or antiperspirant. You can replace it with natural ingredients such as baking soda and apple cider vinegar. Some people even stop using deodorant altogether.
2. It is not recommended to shave armpit hair
It does not mean that the armpit hair is left long. It’s just that the technique of removing armpit hair by shaving is not the right choice. Because shaving is one of the causes of thickened and blackened armpits. Because, if shaving armpit hair too often can cause inflammation. Eventually the underarm skin becomes thicker and hyper pigmentation occurs which makes the skin look dull and black.
If you want to keep shaving your armpits, don’t forget to apply a moisturizing cream afterwards to prevent irritation. Or you can also use other alternatives such as waxing or removing armpit hair with laser techniques.
Shaving does not make the skin dark. Precisely by shaving dead skin cells will be lifted and make the skin look bright and not dull. However, make sure you have the right women’s shaver and shave properly to avoid the risk of irritation. To find out how to shave properly, here are the steps:
- Exfoliate the underarm skin with a loofah or scrub, to clean the area. This is because sweat and deodorant can clog the razor blade, or even cause a bacterial infection.
- Wet the skin and shaver before shaving to activate the pelican strip or soap that protects and moisturizes the skin.
- Pull the underarm skin to tighten, and shave with short distances (up, down, and side), to get the smoothest possible results. Do not shave the same area over and over again, to avoid irritation. Do it slowly, for a clean result.
- Dry the underarm area and use a moisturizer such as aloe vera gel after shaving, to soften the skin and avoid irritation.
Do not apply deodorant immediately, because it will irritate the skin. Clean and dry the razor, and store it in a dry place, changing the razor after 7 uses to keep the razor in good condition.
3. Choose clothes that absorb sweat
Sweat can be a trigger for the growth of bacteria. As is known, the armpit is one area of the body that often sweats. Sweat that accumulates and lack of awareness to maintain cleanliness can make bacteria thrive and eventually make the armpits look black and dull. Therefore, it is recommended to wear loose fitting clothes (not too tight) and have a material that absorbs sweat.
4. Routinely clean the armpits
To whiten dark underarms, you can use a body scrub or exfoliating product two to three times a week. This method is useful for removing dead skin cells so that the armpits are kept clean. You are also advised to wear loose clothing.
5. Exfoliate them right
If you rarely clean the armpits, it will make dirt accumulate and make the skin look darker. It’s not just the hands, feet, and face that need exfoliation. You cannot escape from this one treatment. Exfoliating can help remove dust, dirt, and dead skin cells that stick to the armpits. You can use a body scrub or natural ingredients to be used as a natural exfoliator that can clean the armpits to keep them smooth and not black.
Natural remedies for armpit care
Take advantage of natural ingredients to treat underarm skin. No need to bother buying expensive skincare. You can use natural ingredients such as cucumber, turmeric, potato, or lemon to treat your underarm skin. Besides the ingredients are easy to get and the price is relatively affordable, the method is also easy to do at home!
1. Cucumber slices
One way to whiten underarms with natural ingredients is to use cucumber slices. Not only is it useful for moisturizing facial skin, this one fruit is apparently also good for helping lighten underarm skin, by:
- Paste thin slices of cucumber on the armpits for 10 minutes
- Rinse with water
2. Use lemon slices
You can also use lemon to whiten underarms, and here are the steps to use lemon slice for armpit care.
- Slice the lemon into medium thickness
- Put the lemon slices on the armpits and let sit for 10 minutes
- Clean armpits and dry
- Apply moisturizer so your armpits won’t be dry and sore
3. Rub the mixture of orange peel, milk, and rose water
You can also use orange peel as a natural way to whiten underarms.
- Dry the orange peel
- Mash the dried orange peel until it becomes a powder.
- Mix the powder with one tablespoon of milk and one tablespoon of rose water.
- Stir the three ingredients until the consistency is thick and can be smeared.
- Gently rub it into the armpits for 15 minutes.
- Repeat this method two to three times a week for maximum results
4. Apply a mixture of turmeric and lemon
The next way to naturally care armpits is to use a mixture of turmeric powder and lemon juice and here are the steps to do:
- Mix two tablespoons of lemon juice with turmeric powder to taste.
- Then stir until smooth and the consistency is quite thick.
- Apply it to your armpits and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- After that, wash the armpits until clean.
5. Using grated potatoes
To whiten underarms, you canuse potatoes. Follow these steps below to do
- Grated potato
- Squeeze the grater to get the water.
- Apply the juice to the armpits evenly and let stand for 10 minutes
- Wash the armpits with cold water.
6. Apply olive oil
Using olive oil regularly on your underarms can help make them look brighter. The trick is to mix a tablespoon of olive oil with brown sugar. Scrub for 1 to 2 minutes, then leave for 5 minutes.After 5 minutes, rinse the spread with warm water. Apply this method twice a week for maximum results.
Keep in mind, even if you choose to use natural ingredients, there is still a risk of allergies or skin irritation. So before trying it, make sure that you are not allergic to these ingredients.In addition, it’s a good idea to know the cause of dark underarms, so you can maximize the results from doing the methods above to have the white armpits you desire.
Shaving or pulling armpit hair too often can cause dark underarms. Therefore, you can use moisturizing products to reduce irritation that occurs in the armpits.
Use soap or shaving cream before shaving underarm hair, and choose products that are suitable for sensitive skin. After that, use a natural moisturizer without perfume on the shaved area, to prevent irritation, reduce itching and damage to the underarm skin.
2. Using creams and antibiotics
To whiten underarms, you can use creams, ointments, or gels with the following types.
- Retinoid cream, which can make skin thinner and brighter
- Hydroquinone cream, to brighten skin tone
- Chemical peel, which contains trichloroacetic acid, to remove damaged skin cells
- Calcipotriene, a cream based on vitamin D, which can reduce pigmentation to help whiten the skin
- Topical antibiotics or antibacterial soap, which can reduce discomfort in the armpits
What you can do outside armpit care and habit
If you want to make your armpit care last longer and healthier, you can check whether your weight has been ideal. Check your body mass index and see if you’re obese or not.
Obesity is one of the most common causes of dark underarms. To overcome dark underarms caused by obesity, the most effective solution is to lose weight. You can improve your appearance. A healthy diet and regular exercise do not only help you to lose weight but also make your skin healthier including your armpit. Drink enough water to keep your skin moist and smooth.