Ever wonder how other ladies do have a silky smooth armpits without shaving like it’s naturally born with them?
Don’t you hate it when you have to put on your off-shoulder tops or sleeveless tops, and your arms don’t let you do that? Those small little hair strands sneak out of the follicles when you’re least expecting them to. It could be an episode of pillow fight or a daily workout routine at the gym. But if you have forgotten to keep the elbows locked up at a ninety-degree angle so that nobody sees your underarms, then you are most likely to give everyone a hairy sight.
How do you have a silky smooth armpits without shaving? Most of the women pick the shaving route although they are aware that it can cause a lot of irritation to the skin, not to forget the ingrown hair that causes irksome itching. But what if you could achieve those smooth underarms without touching the razor? We’ve put together five such ways that will make you ditch the razor forever. Check them out.
1. Papaya with Turmeric
There’s another use of turmeric, even though this is an exotic one because it has papaya in it. No, no, we know the fruit isn’t exotic but it’s what the papaya contains, something known as papain — it’s an enzyme which is capable of destroying the hair follicles. It also prevents the hair re-growth.
Follow this procedure:
- Take around two tablespoons of mashed papaya and add half a tablespoon of turmeric powder to it then mix it well.
- Apply the paste to your underarms and massage it well then let it dry.
- Wash the mixture with warm water.
Keep in mind that this remedy is certainly effective. Repeat this for at least 2-3 times a week and continue to do it for a few months for better result.
2. Egg White with Corn starch
Peel-off face masks are the rage these years, aren’t they? If you’ve tried them then you sure know how they aid in removing those stubborn blackheads from your nose. Has the thought of trying something comparable for your underarm problems ever occurred to you? There’s a mask for just that and all that you’ll need is:
- Crack opens an egg then separates the white out and you can throw the yolk away.
- Next is to add half a tablespoon of cornstarch and a tablespoon of sugar and whisk the mixture.
- Apply the paste generously over the hair on your underarms and wait for it to dry out completely. You have to be patient here with your arms held up. Once dry, peel off the mask and say bye-bye to the unnecessary hair.
3. Sugar with Lemon Juice
These two ingredients are substances that have been a ingredient of the sugaring paste (wax) since ages. It helps to remove hair easily and the outcome last for at least 4 weeks. The good news is that ingrown hair is never a possibility with this hack.
You could create this in your microwave at home. Below are the ingredients you need:
- A full cup of sugar.
- Then a quarter cup of honey.
- As well as a juice of a half lemon or 2 tablespoons to be specific.
Mix all the ingredients well in a bowl then microwave the mixture for just two minutes. Once you take it out, keep stirring the mixture every 20-30 seconds to prevent lumps from forming. Let it cool and then make use of it. Apply on the preferred area and once it has dried off, peel it off and along with it pull out the unwanted hair.
4. Turmeric with Milk
This is one mixture that will slow down the pace of hair growth on your underarms as well as make the hair thinner with every use.
For this, you require:
- Three tablespoons full of turmeric powder
- And one tablespoon of milk
Mix all the ingredients to get a thick paste. Rub a nice generous layer of it on your underarms. Let it all dry completely. Now, dip a wash towel in some warm water and get rid of the mask by gently rubbing it with the towel in circular motions. Dry yourself with the help of a clean cloth. Note that you need to do this often to get a noticeable outcome.
5. Turmeric with Baking Soda
A new way you could use turmeric is with baking soda and it’s super easy to make too.
This is how you do it:
- Combine one part of turmeric powder and two parts of baking soda.
- Add water slowly to them to make a thin paste.
- Apply the paste over your armpits then let it dry out completely.
- Wipe this dried paste off with your hands.
- Now wash and gently pat your armpits dry with a towel.
We expect you’re aware that turmeric has a stubborn orange-ish color. So be ready to scrub and wash your armpits profusely until you get rid of that.
So, yes, the underarm hair is surely a problem that one cannot keep away from. But then we can make it less bearable at least. How do you treat your underarm hair from your home? What’s your effective method of getting rid of that unwanted hair from your armpit? We are happy if you can share in the comments below.